- We design and build quality homes that people love.
- Fresh architecture and bold, innovative design are our trademarks, along with sustainable construction and the best locations.
- We offer buyers a variety of housing options and pricing to promote inclusive, multi-generational communities.
- Our homes and neighborhoods reflect the entrepreneurial spirit of the West and the credo of our company: build it right and build it well.
- We’re based in Boulder, Colorado, and build primarily in Boulder County, where we live, work and play.
About Markel HomesWE SET OUR OWN PRIORITIES We’re in our fifth decade as a leader in Colorado’s home building industry. Michael Markel continues at the helm. As a family-owned business, we make our own decisions about where to put our energy, attention and resources. We promote the creation of inclusive, multi-generational communities by building a variety of housing types attractive to first-time buyers as well as families, empty nesters and retirees. Every home we build, regardless of size or type, incorporates cutting-edge, green-building technology. Our high-performing homes are Energy Star certified and LEED rated (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design), and we participate in the Department of Energy’s Zero Energy Ready Home program. We support sustainable living practices by creating communities with access to trails and open space, mountain views, and nearby shops, restaurants and services. OUR BUYERS HAVE CHOICES We’ve evolved from our starter days in the custom-home arena. Today we build sustainable, smaller-scale homes that decrease the carbon footprint without sacrificing style or quality. We’re unusual in that we offer several types of homes in a variety of styles, from condo lofts and town homes to contemporary cottages, duplexes and single-family homes. The majority of our communities feature a variety of housing types. Other neighborhoods are exclusively devoted to the single-family product. When you’re ready to build your dream home, give us your architectural and style preferences and your budget. We’ll design a home just for you and build it on the lot of your choosing in a Markel Homes community. One builder, from concept to creation.
While Builders Digital Experience seeks to ensure that all of the information concerning new homes and new home communities, as well as other data on the site is current and accurate, we do not assume any liability for inaccuracies. It is your responsibility to independently verify information on the site.