LAST UPDATED: October 26, 2023
- Software applications made available by us for use on or through computers and mobile devices (the “Apps”);
- Offline business interactions you have with us.
Collectively, we refer to the websites, social media pages, Apps, communications, and offline business interactions as the “Services.”
If you are a resident of California, Colorado, Connecticut, Utah, or Virginia, please see “Additional Information for Residents of California, Colorado, Connecticut, Utah, and Virginia,” below, for more information about our privacy practices and your rights.
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual. We collect Personal Information through or in connection with the Services, such as:
- Contact information, such as address, email address, and phone number
- Username and password when you choose to register
- IP address (we may also derive your approximate location from your IP address)
- Profile information you choose to provide, such as favorite images, communities, homes, or other content
- Reviews, ratings, comments, feedback, or other information you choose to submit
Collection of Personal Information
We and our service providers collect Personal Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through the Services.
- From Other Sources.
- We receive your Personal Information from other sources, such as publicly available databases, social media platforms, and joint marketing partners.
- If you connect your social media account to your Services account, you will share certain Personal Information from your social media account with us, including your name, email, photo, connections, and any other information that may be accessible to us.
Use of Personal Information
We and our service providers use Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Providing the functionality of the Services and fulfilling your requests.
- To provide the Services’ functionality to you, such as arranging access to your account, supporting your new home search, and providing recommendations, matching services, home brochures, location of key resources, and other services.
- To complete your transactions and verify your information
- To provide you with customer service, respond to your inquiries, and fulfill your requests.
- To send administrative information to you, such as changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To allow you to send messages to another person through the Services
- To allow you to participate in a sweepstakes, contest, or other promotion.
- Providing you with our marketing materials and facilitating social sharing.
- To send you marketing related emails and other information, such as informational newsletters, updates, new features, additional listings, and new opportunities.
- To facilitate social sharing functionality that you choose to use.
- Analyzing Personal Information for business reporting and providing personalized services.
- To analyze or predict our users’ preferences in order to prepare aggregated trend reports on how our digital content is used, so we can improve our Services.
- To better understand your interests and preferences, so we can personalize our interactions with you and provide you with information and / or offers tailored to your interests.
- To better understand your preferences so we can deliver content we believe will be relevant and interesting to you.
- Aggregating and / or anonymizing Personal Information.
- We may aggregate and / or anonymize Personal Information so that it will no longer be considered Personal Information. We do so to generate other data for our use, which we may use and disclose for any purpose, as it no longer identifies you or any other individual.
- Accomplishing our business purposes.
- For data analysis, such as to improve the efficiency of our Services.
- For audits, to verify that our internal processes function as intended, and to address legal, regulatory, or contractual requirements.
- For fraud prevention and security monitoring purposes, including to detect and prevent cyberattacks or attempts to commit identity theft.
- For developing new products and services.
- For enhancing, improving, repairing, maintaining, or modifying our current products and services, as well as undertaking quality and safety assurance measures.
- For identifying usage trends, such as understanding which parts of our Services are of most interest to users.
- For determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, so we can adapt our campaigns to the needs and interests of our users.
- For operating and expanding our business activities.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We disclose Personal Information:
- To our third-party service providers, to facilitate services they provide to us.
- These can include providers of such services as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, fraud prevention, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, and auditing.
- To home builders from whom you have requested information.
- To third parties who have products, services, and opportunities that may be useful to you, to permit them to send you marketing communications, consistent with your choices
- If you give your permission to allow third parties to contact you, your Personal Information may be shared with individual users and other third parties you have identified, such as builders, product manufacturers, data aggregators, and marketers.
- By using the Services, you may elect to disclose Personal Information.
- On message boards, chat, profile pages, and other services to which you are able to post information and content. Any information you post or disclose through these services may be available to other users.
Other Uses and Disclosures
We may also use and disclose Personal Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable law, to respond to requests from public and government authorities, to cooperate with law enforcement, and for other legal reasons; (b) to enforce our terms and conditions; and (c) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and / or that of you or others. We may use, disclose, or transfer Personal Information to a third party in connection with any proposed or actual reorganization, bankruptcy, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our assets or stock.
“Other Information” is information that does not reveal your specific identity or directly relate to an identifiable individual. We and our service providers may collect and use Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Your browser or device.
- Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Mac), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, and Internet browser type and version. We use this information to ensure that the Services function properly.
- Your use of the Apps.
- When you download and use one of our Apps, we and our service providers may track and collect App usage data, such as the date and time the App on your device accesses our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the App based on your device number.
- Cookies, pixel tags, and similar technologies.
- Physical Location.
- We may collect the physical location of your device by, for example, using satellite, cell phone tower, or Wi-Fi signals. We may use your device’s physical location to provide you with personalized location-based services and content. We may also share your device’s physical location, combined with information about what ads you viewed and other information we collect, with our marketing partners to enable them to provide you with more personalized content and to study the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. Our Apps may collect the precise location of your device when the app is running in the foreground or background, depending on how you choose to set up the App’s location tracking. In some instances, you may be permitted to allow or deny such use of your device’s location, but, if you do, we may not be able to provide you with the applicable personalized services and content.
Uses and Disclosures of Other Information
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below.
We retain Personal Information for as long as needed or permitted to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it was obtained, including to satisfy any legal, compliance, accounting, or reporting requirements, and consistent with applicable law. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you;
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject, such as to keep transaction records for a certain period of time; or
- Whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position, such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation, or regulatory investigations.
If you no longer want to receive marketing related emails from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt out by using the unsubscribe link provided at the bottom of each such email. If you opt out, we may still send you important administrative messages, from which you cannot opt out.
If you no longer want to receive text messages from us, reply “STOP” to any such message.
If you prefer that we discontinue sharing your Personal Information on a going-forward basis with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, you may opt out of the sharing by contacting us at email@example.com.
You can update your Personal Information by clicking on the “Update Profile” or “My Account” link on the Service or by following the instructions you receive from BDX.
For California, Colorado, Connecticut, Utah, and Virginia residents: Please see “Additional Information for Residents of California, Colorado, Connecticut, Utah, and Virginia,” below, for additional information about your rights.
For Nevada residents: To opt out of the sale of your Personal Information, if applicable, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
USE OF THE SERVICES BY MINORS
The Services are not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from such individuals.
JURISDICTION AND CROSS-BORDER TRANSFER
We are located in the United States. We may store and process your Personal Information in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers. By using the Services, you understand that your information will be transferred to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country.
Unless we request it, we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., Social Security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, or criminal background) on or through the Services or otherwise to us.
THIRD-PARTY PAYMENT SERVICE
Because email communications are not always secure, please do not include credit card or other sensitive information in your emails to us.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR RESIDENTS OF CALIFORNIA, COLORADO, CONNECTICUT, UTAH, AND VIRGINIA
Collection, Disclosure, Sale, Sharing, and Processing of Personal Information
The following chart details which categories of Personal Information we collect, process, and disclose, including for purposes of targeted advertising.
|Categories of Personal Information||Disclosed to Which Categories of Third Parties for Operational Business Purposes||Sold to Which Categories of Third Parties||Shared with Which Categories of Third Parties for Cross-Context Behavioral or Targeted Advertising||Processing Purposes (see “Use of Personal Information” above for a detailed description of each Processing Purpose)|
|Identifiers, such as name, contact information, online identifiers, and account credentials||Our affiliates; service providers; builders from whom you have requested information; third parties who have products, services, and opportunities that may be useful to you, to permit them to send you marketing communications, consistent with your choices||Ad networks, social media platforms, and home builders||Ad networks and social media platforms|
|Personal information as defined in the California customer records law, such as name, contact information, and payment information||Our affiliates; service providers; builders from whom you have requested information; third parties who have products, services, and opportunities that may be useful to you, to permit them to send you marketing communications, consistent with your choices||Ad networks, social media platforms, and home builders||Ad networks and social media platforms|
|Commercial information, such as transaction information and purchase history||Our affiliates; service providers; builders from whom you have requested information; third parties who have products, services, and opportunities that may be useful to you, to permit them to send you marketing communications, consistent with your choices||Ad networks and social media platforms||Ad networks and social media platforms|
|Internet or network activity information, such as browsing history and interactions with our website||Our affiliates; service providers; third parties who have products, services, and opportunities that may be useful to you, to permit them to send you marketing communications, consistent with your choices||Ad networks and social media platforms||Ad networks and social media platforms|
|Geolocation data, such as device location||Our affiliates and service providers||Ad networks and social media platforms||Ad networks and social media platforms|
|Audio/Video Data. Audio, electronic, visual, similar information, such as photographs||None||None|
|Inferences drawn from any of the Personal Information listed above to create a profile or summary about, for example, an individual’s preferences and characteristics||Ad networks and social media platforms||Ad networks and social media platforms|
Individual Rights and Requests
Subject to applicable law, you may make the following requests:
- You may request to know whether we process your Personal Information and to access such Personal Information.
- If you are a California resident, you may request the following information:
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about you and the categories of sources from which we collected such Personal Information;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling, or sharing Personal Information about you;
- The categories of Personal Information about you that we sold or shared and the categories of third parties to whom we sold or shared such Personal Information; and
- The categories of Personal Information about you that we otherwise disclosed and the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed such Personal Information.
- If you are a California resident, you may request the following information:
- You may request to correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information.
- You may request to have your Personal Information deleted.
- You may request to receive a copy of your Personal Information, including, where applicable, in a portable format.
- You may request to opt out of the “sale” of your Personal Information.
- You may request to opt out of targeted advertising, including the “sharing” of your Personal Information for purposes of cross-context behavioral advertising.
We will not unlawfully discriminate against you for exercising your rights under applicable privacy law. To make a privacy request, please click here . We will verify and respond to your request consistent with applicable law, taking into account the type and sensitivity of the Personal Information subject to the request. We may need to request additional Personal Information from you, such as name, email address, or phone number, in order to verify your identity and protect against fraudulent requests. If you make a request to delete, we may ask you to confirm your request before we delete your Personal Information.
To request to opt out of any future “sales” of your Personal Information and / or “sharing” of your Personal Information for purposes of cross-context behavioral advertising or any future processing for purposes of targeted advertising, click here.
We also process opt-out preference signals, such as the Global Privacy Control. These signals set your opt-out preferences only for the particular browser or device you are using. For information about how to use the Global Privacy Control, please visit https://globalprivacycontrol.org/.
If you are a resident of Colorado, Connecticut, or Virginia and we refuse to take action on your request, you may appeal our refusal within a reasonable period after you have received notice of the refusal. You may file an appeal by clicking here or emailing us at email@example.com.
If an agent would like to make a request on your behalf as permitted under applicable law, they may use the submission methods outlined above. As part of our verification process, we may request that the agent provide proof concerning their status as an authorized agent. In addition, we may require that you verify your identity as described above or confirm that you provided the agent permission to submit the request.
If we maintain or use de-identified information, we will continue to maintain and use it only in a de-identified fashion and will not attempt to re-identify the information.
BDX SMS, MMS & MESSAGING TERMS & CONDITIONS
Builder Homesite, Inc. ("BDX") offers text message programs (a "program" or "programs"), including SMS, MMS and messaging app-specific programs, itself and on behalf of its clients including without limitation, builders, real estate developers and other BDX partners. Recipients may be enrolled in a program in the following ways: receiving a text invitation, sending a text to specified numbers, filling out a web form, initiating a web chat, or sending a message via various messaging applications. BDX may also send one-time text messages. Your use of the programs is governed by the terms and conditions below. Use of the programs constitutes your acceptance of these terms, which take effect when you enroll. If you do not agree to these terms, please do not enroll in a program.
Once enrolled in a program, you will have an opportunity to decline the service via a reply to a text message you received that says STOP. By replying START subsequently, you are confirming you would like to restart a subscription to this program. Message frequency varies.
There is no charge to you for this service; however, message and data rates may apply from your mobile carrier. Subject to the terms and conditions of your mobile carrier, you may receive text messages sent to your mobile phone
By participating in any program, you approve any such charges from your mobile carrier. Charges for text messages may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid balance. You agree that you are responsible for paying your carrier's charges to use the program or, if you are under 18 (in the U.S.) or under the age of majority in your province/territory of residence, that you have permission to use the program from the adult responsible for paying the carrier's charges.
From time to time, BDX may send Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) messages; messages with multimedia content (pictures, videos, GIFs, etc.). MMS messages may not be available through all carriers. If your device does not support MMS messages, then you may receive an SMS messages. Prepaid users may not be able to participate. Check with your mobile operator.
BDX reserves the right to terminate any program, in whole or in part, at any time without notice. BDX reserves the right to change these terms or cancel any program at any time. Please check these terms on a regular basis for changes. Your continued use of the program after changes are posted will mean that you accept the terms as modified by the posted changes.
The information in any message may be subject to certain time lags and / or delays. BDX is not responsible for delayed receipt of any message. You are responsible for managing the types of texts and messages you receive. BDX shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential, special, incidental, punitive, or any other damages, even if BDX has been advised of the possibility of such damage or loss, arising or resulting from or in any way relating to your use of a program.
You expressly agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless BDX, its directors, officers, employees, servants, agents, representatives, independent contractors, and affiliates from and against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, actions, causes of action, costs, expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees), judgments, or penalties of any kind or nature whatsoever arising from your use of the programs.
To stop receiving text messages, text STOP. By enrolling in a program, you consent that following such a request to unsubscribe, you may receive one (1) final message confirming that you have been inactivated in our system. Following such confirmation message, no additional text messages will be sent unless you re-activate your subscription by texting START.
Updated: October 26, 2023
NewHomeSource (NHS) Native App: Location Access, Data Collection and Usage
The NewHomeSource native app requests the user's permission for location access and tracking. The user has the option to select and allow the app to track location all the time, only while using the app, to ask for permission every time, or deny any location tracking.
Foreground location tracking (app has location access only while using the app or if the app is open) supports current location search.
Background location tracking (app always has location access, even when the app is closed) supports notification features, such as receiving a push notification with directions when you are nearby a saved new home community.
When the NewHomeSource native app has any location access and data, we use it to tailor other app services for you, such as helping you auto-save activity notes of a community or home visit in the app, and provide in-app support and next steps on your home shopping journey.
Updated: October 26, 2023
You can control and / or delete Cookies as you wish -- for details, see www.aboutcookies.org. Most browsers have an option for turning off the Cookie feature, which will prevent your browser from accepting new Cookies, as well as (depending on the sophistication of your browser software) allowing you to decide on acceptance of each new cookie in a variety of ways. You can delete all Cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work. We strongly recommend that you leave Cookies active, because they enable you to take advantage of the most attractive features of the Sites.
Please reference the chart and general description below to learn more about the kinds of cookies we use and for what purpose.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
Essential Cookies are Cookies that are required to provide you with features or services that you have requested. For example, Cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Site or use a shopping cart. Disabling these Cookies will encumber the Sites' performance and may make certain features and services unavailable.
Functionality Cookies are used to recognize you when you return to our Sites. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name, and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
Analytical Cookies allow us to understand how visitors use our Site. This includes information about the number of visitors to the site, what pages visitors view on our site and how long visitors are viewing pages on the site. Analytical Cookies also help us measure the performance of our advertising campaigns in order to help us improve our advertising campaigns and to optimize our Sites' content for those who engage with our advertising.
Third Party Cookies are Cookies placed by a third party on Your Device and may provide information to those third parties about browsing habits (including your visits to our Sites, the pages you have visited, and the links and advertisements you have clicked) that may help identify if certain services that such third parties provide are being used, identify your interests, retarget you, and serve advertisements that are relevant to you. We do not have control or access to such Cookies. If you look at one page on our Sites, an advertisement may be delivered to you on our Services or on other sites, for products referenced on that page or for similar products and services. We do not engage in retargeted advertising for children users of our Sites.
Session Cookies and Persistent Cookies
The types of Cookies described above may be "Session Cookies" which are temporary Cookies that are only stored on Your Device while you are visiting our site or "Persistent Cookies" which are Cookies that are stored on Your Device for a period of time after you leave our site. The length of time a Persistent Cookie stays on your Device varies from Cookie to Cookie. We use Persistent Cookies to store your preferences so that they are available for the next visit, and to keep a more accurate account of how often you visit our Sites, how often you return, how your use of the Sites may vary over time, and measure the effectiveness of advertising efforts. Your browser may offer you a "Do Not Track" option, which allows you to signal to operators of websites and web applications and services (including behavioral advertising services) that you do not wish such operators to track certain of your online activities over time and across different websites. Our Sites do not support Do Not Track requests at this time.
WHAT IS GOOGLE ANALYTICS AND HOW IS IT USED?
Our Sites use Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. ("Google") which is based on Cookie technology. The information generated by the Cookie is usually sent to a Google server in the USA, where it is stored. On behalf of BDX, Google will use the generated information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activities, and to provide the website operator with additional services connected with website and Internet use. The IP address transmitted by your browser in connection with Google Analytics is not collated with other data by Google. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
MANAGING COOKIE SETTINGS
You can decide whether or not to accept Cookies. One way you can do this is through your internet browser's settings. To find out more information about Cookies, including information about how to manage and delete Cookies, please visit: www.aboutcookies.com .
To explore what Cookie setting are available to you, look in the "preferences" or "options" section of your browser's menu.
Last Updated: October 26, 2023.